To begin your plan, think about the possibilities year by year. Take a look at this four-year example and choose the pieces that are right for you, add others as needed, then move possibilities around to fit your own situation.
Begin to engage by choosing the best experiences.
- Search the database to find opportunities
- Talk with people who can help: adviser, faculty, peer leader, leadership or career coaches
- Go to a meeting of a student organization that interests you
- Participate in a Service Saturday or Diversity Dialogue
- Attend opportunity fairs: Get Connected, Study Abroad, and more
- Checkout the Study Abroad Student Blogs
Engage more deeply and document your involvement.
- Attend welcome back events to re-engage with campus
- Engage in fewer types of experiences so that you can dig deeper
- Attend workshops to learn about funding opportunities (study abroad, internships, research)
- Document what you are doing in class and beyond by uploading pictures, videos, papers and presentations (Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud)
Reflect on your experiences, share what you are learning and adapt your plans with your senior year and graduation with leadership distinction in mind.
- As you continue to be engaged and document your work, think carefully about what you
have been doing and why it is important to you
- What has been most valuable?
- How do your activities relate to your future goals?
- Take opportunities to lead in your areas of interest
- Meet with a coach in the Career Center
- Visit Discovery USC to see what others are presenting
- Complete the orientation for Graduation with Leadership Distinction and think about how you can fit UNIV 401 or a similar seminar into your senior year
Reflect on how all your undergraduate experiences fit together and what they mean for your future.
- Learn to tell your story. Be ready for job interviews and graduate school applications
- Take UNIV 401 (or major specific seminar) to help you articulate how your educational experiences have prepared you for the future
- Participate in a Mock Interview in the Career Center
- Present at Discovery USC
- Complete requirements for Graduation with Leadership Distinction