Schedule an appointment to meet with your assigned Academic Advisor.
Are you ready to register for Summer/Fall 2018 classes?
Undergraduate students with priority registration status will register via Self Service Carolina beginning the week of April 9. General undergraduate student registration begins the week of April 16. Log in to Self Service Carolina and visit the Student tab to view your Registration Checklist (providing your registration time ticket, information on holds, a link to DegreeWorks and Schedule Planner, and more).
Consult the checklist below for items to consider before meeting with your academic advisor.
Step 1: Review your degree progress
- Using DegreeWorks, check your percentage of degree progress and the requirements you need to meet for your program of study.
Step 2: List your current semester courses and expected grades
- Write down all of the courses you are currently taking this semester and the grade you anticipate you will achieve. You can use this printable guide to prepare for the conversation [pdf] with your advisor.
- Wondering how your grades, credit hours, and financial aid/scholarships align? A representative from the Office of Student Financial Aid and Scholarships website should be able to answer any questions you have.
Step 3: Prepare a list of potential courses for next semester
- In DegreeWorks, look for degree requirements you have not yet met and a listing of courses that can be taken in order to meet that requirement. You can use this printable guide to prepare for the conversation [pdf] with your advisor.
Step 4: Prepare a list of topics and questions that you would like to discuss with your advisor
- Items you might want to discuss with your advisor may include: next semester courses, minors or cognates, transient coursework at another institution, study abroad, internship opportunities, and Graduation with Leadership Distinction.
- You can use this printable guide to prepare for the conversation[pdf] with your advisor.
- Considering taking a course at another institution as a transient student? Check the Guide to Transient Course Enrollment [pdf] for more information and next steps. You will also want to view the Transfer Equivalency Tables provided by the University Registrar.
- If you are interested in retaking a course for grade forgiveness, ask your advisor about USC's grade forgiveness policy.
Step 5: Schedule your academic advising appointment online
- Choose your college and then follow the instructions to schedule your appointment.
- Remember: you must meet with your academic advisor each semester before you will be able to register for courses. Your hold will not be lifted until you meet with your advisor.