Level One Training
The following outline provides an overview of the material covered in each module of Level One.
Level One Learning Outcomes
Module One: Advising at USC
Module Two: University Policies and Procedures
Module Three: Academic Programs and Requirements
Module Four: Advising Technology
Module Five: Campus Resources
Module Six: Undergraduate Students and Special Populations
Module Seven: Advising Profession and Practice
*Please note: The University Advising Center aims to keep all training material up-to-date and accurate. If you notice errors, please contact ADVtrain@mailbox.sc.edu.
Level One Experiential Learning
In order to complete Level One Certification, you must complete the Experiential component which includes the 5 items below:
- Provide academic advisement to at least 50 unique students since beginning employment at USC
- Use EAB Pathfinder with the majority/all of advisees to enter appointment notes
- Use DegreeWorks to enter advised course schedule and/or relevant curriculum information
- Complete demonstration of either the Algebra or Pre-Calculus version of USC's online Math Placement Test
- Complete the 'Navigating the Bulletin' exercise available in Blackboard
Level One Rewards
Advisors who successfully complete both components of Level One receive a Certificate of Completion and are eligibile to choose from the list of Level One rewards below.
- One-year membership to the National Academic Advising Association (NACADA)
- A copy of Academic Advising: A Comprehensive Handbook, 2nd edition