4th Annual USC System Advisors Conference: Transfer Transitions-Navigating Change
February 10, 2017
Russell House Ballroom, USC Columbia
For a more detailed description of each event below, consult the conference booklet [pdf].
Schedule of Events:
8:30-9:00 am: Registration in Russell House Ballroom
9:05-9:20 am: Welcome from Dr. Sandra Kelly, Vice Provost and Dean of Undergraduate Studies
9:25-10:10 am: Keynote Address, Transfer Panel
10:20-11:10 am: Concurrent #1
1. Carolina Core and Transfer Work
2. Employability, Transfer Students, and Beyond the Classroom Matters
3. Abroad & Beyond: Overseas Opportunities for Transfer Students
4. Inclusion for Transfer Students
5. From Decision to Diploma – The Transfer Student Enrollment Lifecycle
11:20am-12:10pm: Concurrent #2
1. University Integration from a Military Veteran’s Perspective
2. Placement Matters: Orientation Placement Testing
3. Advising Students from the International Accelerator Program
4. DegreeWorks Best Practices: The Benefits of a Global Curriculum Review Process
5. Bridging the Transfer Gap in Campus Engagement
1:20-2:10pm: Concurrent #3
1. Palmetto College: Past, Present, Future
2. Beyond the Classroom Engagement: Creating Supportive Pathways Across Student Populations
3. Advising Adult Transfer Students
4. Advising a Transfer Student Athlete
5. Transfer Students: A Journey with Peaks and Valleys
2:20-3:00pm: Closing Session & Prizes
For themes and materials from previous advisors conferences please see below.
3rd Annual USC-System Advisors Conference: Next Generation Advising
Next Generation Advising was the theme for the 2016 conference held on February 19, 2016. The program focused on the students, technology and advising practice required to advise our ever-changing student population.
The program also included comments from our new provost, Dr. Joan Gabel, a keynote address, lunch and breakout sessions to maximize participation by advisors from all campuses.
2nd Annual USC-System Advisors Conference: The Complete Advisor
The Complete Advisor: Putting the Pieces together was the theme for the 2015 conference held on February 13, 2015.
Inaugural USC-System Advisors Conference: Appreciative Advising
Appreciative Advising was the theme for the 2014 conference held on February 28, 2014.