Spring 2018 Tuition Payment Deadline:
January 10, 2018
If your bill is not paid by 5 p.m., your spring semester classes can be cancelled.
Ways to Pay
Pay Online by eCheck (no transaction fee)
You can pay online, at no charge, with your checking account by entering your routing and account number.
Posting Online Payments
Self Service Carolina payments are processed as they are recorded electronically.
Pay Online by Credit Card (a 2.5% convenience fee will be charged for each transaction)
- All major credit cards accepted.
- Debit cards will be assessed the 2.5% fee also. Opt for the eCheck payment method instead for payment from your checking account.
- Credit cards are only accepted online, and not accepted in the Bursar’s Office.
A payment plan is available if you are unable to pay the account balance in full. The payment plan covers tuition, housing, meal plans, Carolina Cash during optional fee period, mailbox fee and technology and program fees. The following is required for payment plan:
- a $75 administrative fee is assessed and must be paid in order to enroll in the plan
- a down payment of 25% of the account balance must be paid to enroll in the plan. The percent down payment increases if enrollment is processed beyond the 1st installment deadline.
- three (3) additional payments are due over the next three (3) months, resulting in a total of four payments per term
- a late fee of $100 will be applied if payment is not made by the deadline each month
- The payment plan does not carry over to the next semester. New enrollment is required for each semester.
Mail In Your Payment
Please pay attention to the mail-in cut-off date. If you pay your fees by mail, please include the student’s name and VIP ID along with your check or money order made payable to USC for the balance due amount and mail to:
University of South Carolina
1244 Blossom Street
Columbia, South Carolina 29208
Please review the payment deadlines for all bill payments. If your bill is not paid by the deadlines listed, your registration can be cancelled.
529/College Savings Plan Payments
All Plans are different, so check with your plan administrator about how funds are issued, the disbursement timeline and requirements, etc.
Once bills are available on SSC:
- Send a copy of your bill to your plan administrator immediately.
- If your payment will not be received by the mail-in deadline, contact our office to make other payment arrangements. Failure to meet payment deadlines may result in cancelation of classes.
- Please have your 529 Savings Plan or Scholarship check mailed directly to the Bursar’s Office. We encourage you to consider sending your check via express mail, or overnight priority.
- Check SSC frequently to see if/when the 529 payment has applied.
Information regarding prepaid college plans can be submitted directly to our office. Please contact customer service at 803-777-4233, and ask to be directed to a team member who handles prepaid college plans.
Pay In Person
In-person payments are accepted during normal business hours at the Bursar's Office at
Monday thru Friday,
8:30 a.m. until 5 p.m.
We only accept cash, checks, money orders and cashier’s checks in person. Credit and debit card payments must be made online through Self Service Carolina.
Apply Financial Aid (Scholarships, Loans and Grants)
Financial aid will automatically apply to your student account once you have completed all financial aid requirements. Please check the payment deadline dates for financial aid refund check distribution.
The Office of Student Financial Aid & Scholarships will help you with any questions related to how financial aid is awarded and/or applied. Call 803-777-8134 or visit the Financial Aid & Scholarships website.
For any outside scholarships you receive in the mail, be sure to either bring the check directly to our office or mail it to us to ensure the award is posted to your account timely.
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) prevents USC from releasing student information to parents or guardians without authorized consent from the student.
By becoming an authorized user on the student account, a parent/guardian/other will be able to:
- receive monthly emails about balance due
- view account balance and payment history
- view receipts and other useful information
- receive 1098-T tax information upon request; view and print 1098-T forms
- set up a payment plan
- save payment methods which can only be viewed by the authorized user
- speak with the Bursar’s Office staff about the student account
How to Set Up Authorized Users
Only the student can set up authorized users on the account:
- Login to Self Service Carolina.
- Go to Account Information.
- Click on Payment Gateway.
- Click on Authorized User and follow instructions from there.
Parent and Authorized User Login
As a result of the university's multifactor authentication process, authorized users can continue to use my.sc.edu. However, if you are not set up as an authorized user on the account, you must use our new parent/family login page.
Self Service Carolina Tutorials
For additional help with a variety of Self Service Carolina transactions, including everything from how to view your account summary to how to set up a direct deposit, please view our Self Service Carolina tutorials.