Rental Shop Hours
The Bike Shop offers repairs and clinics for USC students, faculty and staff.
Equipment Rental List
See all equipment available to rent with daily and weekly prices.
Make a Reservation
Reservations can be made in person at the rental shop in the Strom Thurmond Wellness and Fitness Center (Room 120).
- Rental equipmnt is available to all USC Columbia students, faculty and staff. You'll need to present your CarolinaCard at check out.
- The renter will be the only person allowed to pick up and return reserved equipment.
- We reserve the right to refuse to rent to you if you abuse our service.
- Payment is due at the time of reservation to secure your rental. You can pay by cash, check or CarolinaCard.
- You can reserve equipment up to one week in advance.
- If you need to cancel your reservation, we will give you a refund.
- You'll need to present your CarolinaCard at check out.
- You are responsible for checking the equipment prior to departure.
- We can help secure a water craft to your vehicle, but you are responsible for any damage that may occur to your vehicle while transporting the water craft.
- Rented items must be returned clean and dry and in the same condition as when they were checked out.
- Check-in will take 10 to 15 minutes. Rented equipment must be looked over thoroughly before it can be checked in.
- Items checked out for the weekend are due back the following Monday.
- Items checked out for a week are due back seven days after the rental date.
- If you don't return your equipment on the due date, you'll be charged $5 every day the item is late. If your piece of equipment is less than $5, you'll be charged the price of the item each day the item is late.
- If you don't return your equipment after seven days, or have outstanding late fees after seven days, we will put an academic hold on your account.
Cleaning and Repair Fee
- If your equipment requires cleaning or repair, we will charge you a flat $25 damage and cleaning fee.
Caring for Equipment
- Tents and Sleeping Bags: Don't set up tents or use sleeping bags near a fire. Embers can burn or melt the nylon, resulting in a damage charge.
- Boats, Surfboards and SUPs: Don't stand or sit on boats, surfboards or SUPs while they're on the ground. You may puncture the equipment, resulting in a damage charge.