All pages are built “on top” of a standardized university layer. This background page will be the same for every unit represented in the foreground and cannot be modified for specific units. The header contains global, sitewide navigation and branding elements, including the university logo. The footer contains an abbreviated site map and other important links.
- University Header: Standardized for university-level global navigation items
- Unit-Level Page: Customizable, expandable area for unit-specific content
- University Footer: Standardized for university-level global navigation items
The unit layer, which lays on top of the university layer, is the customizable area of the page. All pages are built on a similar structure and share some common elements. This structure is the backbone of our design. In this space, you will be able to clearly identify your unit and present your content.
Within the unit layer, there are four main areas:
- Unit Header: Appears at the top of all pages and includes the unit name (which links to the unit home page) and the breadcrumb trail that shows where a page is located within the structure of the website, going back to the sc.edu home page
- Unit Navigation Region: Displays on every page, with a garnet highlighted bar to show the current page
- Page Content Region: Customizable area that appears on every page
- Unit Footer Region: Appears at the bottom of the foreground on every page and can contain links to the unit's location, calendar and social profiles