Thank you to all who participated!
Providing a superior student experience is a hallmark of our success as a university community. And, until now, students have had little access to formal mechanisms that communicate their perceptions and experiences to university leadership.
From March 14 through April 15, 2016, the Office of the President had the opportunity to administer a survey aimed at “taking the pulse” of our students on issues that are important to all members of our community.
Survey Administration and Confidentiality
- The survey was sent via email to all undergraduate students, and was completely voluntary.
- Student identities were protected by a unique user login or ID number. While responses were not anonymous, they were completely confidential, thus honest feedback was truly valued.
- Students were permitted to skip questions that made them uncomfortable.
Results and Transparency
- Survey results will not be reported in any form that would identify an individual.
- Results will be used by faculty and administrators to make tangible improvements to the experiences of all students in our university community.
- In order to maintain full transparency, results will be posted on the university's website.
Graduate Student, Faculty and Staff Participation
- A faculty and staff pulse survey is being planned for the Fall 2016 semester.
- A graduate student pulse survey is currently planned for the Spring 2017 semester.
We must continue to affirm our Carolinian Creed as not only a formal statement of our values, but also a commitment to actions that help every member of our university community to feel that they are supported, respected and valued.
President Harris Pastides