Mini-Magellan Research Grants
The Magellan Mini-Grant is awarded to undergraduate students pursuing research, scholarship
and creative activities.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. You must meet with someone from the
Galen Health Fellows office for an orientation.
What is the Magellan Galen Mini-Grant?
- The Mini-Magellan Grant funds Galen Health Fellows in their pursuit of research, scholarship
and creative activities with a health focus.
- A faculty, staff or community mentor will assist with the project.
- Provides up to $1000 for salary, materials, supplies and/or travel costs required
to complete the project.
What type of research can you do?
- Mentor-designed: Students work directly on mentor's project; does not have to be separate
- Student-generated projects or questions.
- Research abroad.
- Service-learning and community-based research.
- Any combination of the above.
- Need ideas?
What are the requirements?
- Make significant progress toward the completion of your project within the grant period.
- Complete a research ethics workshop. See workshops for researchers.
- Present at Discover USC.
- Submit a research report and pictures.