At UofSC we are building a community where all faculty and staff live well, work well and thrive. By providing you access to training classes that focus on a variety of health and wellness topics, we can help you improve your overall well-being and teach you how to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
The Organizational and Professional Development Office offers many training classes that provide in-depth information on a variety of health and wellness topics such as:
- Financial education
- Work/Life balance
- Communicating more effectively
- Healthy eating
- Time management
- Organizational skills
- Stress management
- Mind-Body connection
Browse our calendar or class list by subject to see a complete list of upcoming classes. For instructions on how to register for a course, please review “How to Register for a Course” by visiting the Training Classes page on our site.
In addition to the training classes that we provide on campus, there are also many online courses that are available through the university's Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Just log into mygroup.com using the username: USC and password: guest. Visit the Skill Builder Center for a complete list of classes. Some topics include:
- Appreciating Personality Differences
- Business Etiquette and Professionalism
- Estate Planning: Five Essential Documents
- Maximizing Your Day: Effective Time Management
- Recognizing a Troubled Employee
- Say What You Mean the Right Way: Healthy Forms of Communication
- Self-Care: Remaining Resilient
- The Art of Conflict Resolution
- Caring For Aging Parents
- Eating Your Way to Wellness
- Effective Communication
- Emotional Intelligence for Success
UofSC's EAP also hosts webinars that are based on a different personal development theme each month. Below is a list of upcoming seminars that may be accessed any time after the date listed. No registration is required.
- Maintaining Personal and Fiscal Responsibility (available starting January 17)
- Creativity 101 (available starting February 21)
- Disrupting Negative Thoughts (available starting March 21)
- Compassion Fatigue: Increasing Resiliency (available starting April 18)
- Raising Well-Adjusted Kids (available starting May 16)
- Emotional Support: Staying Balanced in a changing World (available starting June 20)
- Managing in a Multigenerational Workplace (available starting July 18)
- Bereavement: Coping With Loss (available starting August 15)
- Information Overload (available starting September 19)
- Improve Your Health With Ergonomics and Frequent Movement (available starting October 17)
- The Mind-Body Connection (available starting November 21)
- Diversity in the Workplace: Maintaining an Inclusive Environment (available starting December 19)
To access one of these seminars, or browse through the archives, log into MyGroup.com using the username: USC and password: guest. Once you are logged in, scroll down and you will see "Online Seminars" on the right side of the page.