The Division of Human Resources is pleased to announce that the USC Jobs website was upgraded on June27, 2017! This upgrade transitioned our organization from using PeopleAdmin version 5.8 to Select Suite version 7.0. The goals of this upgrade are to significantly improve the hiring experience for the university’s applicants, hiring managers and approvers, to support more efficient processes, and to strengthen compliance efforts.
Please refer to this area of the HR Toolbox over the next few months for helpful resources and training materials. Contact us at PeopleAd@mailbox.sc.edu for questions or system assistance.
These notifications were sent to HR and Business Contacts regarding upcoming changes and training available for applicants and HR Contacts.
- Notification #1 [pdf]
- Notification #2 [pdf]
- Notification #3 [pdf]
- Notification #4 [pdf] – New GoLive date is June 27, 2017.
- Notification #5 [pdf] – GoLive implementation timeline *UPDATED*.
- Notification #6 [pdf] – Reminders, sneak peaks and user group definitions.
- Notification #7 [pdf] – How to register for training on June 19 and 20.
- Notification #8 [pdf] – Website access and user login instructions.
- Notification #9 [pdf] – How to register for update and refresher training on August 7.
- Notification #10 [pdf] – New deadlines for the old USC Jobs website.
- Notification #11 [pdf] – Updates and reminders.
Timelines & Website Functionality
Here you will find important timelines, new features and workflow samples. There is also an Affordable Care Act (ACA) Calculation Worksheet as well as a Attestation of Hiring Process Form.
- NEW GoLive implementation timeline [pdf] – *UPDATED May 4* Includes specific actions for HR Contacts to take to prepare for the upgrade. Please pay close attention to deadlines and timelines for taking actions.
- GoLive User Resources [pdf] – Where to find resources on the HR website, and how to get 1-on-1 assistance [pdf] in our ready room on June 28 and 30.
- New Features and Improvements [pdf] – For applicants, hiring units, search committees and HR users.
- PeopleAdmin System Workflows [pdf] – *UPDATED SEPT 6* Visual workflow for all actions and position types.
- PeopleAdmin ACA Calculation Worksheet [pdf] – To complete the Hiring Proposal, use this worksheet to calculate the hours per week and hours per year for adjunct faculty, and hours per year for temporary staff. NOTE: This worksheet must be opened in Internet Explorer for the hours to calculate properly.
- Attestation of Hiring Process Form [pdf] – Hiring managers and members of the selection committee use this form to disclose any prior relationship with a selected candidate.
- Proxy Request Form [pdf] – When an assigned user is going to be out of the office for an extended period of time, use this form to request a temporary user for a defined time period.
Training Materials & Quick Reference Guides
These resources provide instructions for how to do specific tasks in PeopleAdmin.
General System & User Tips
- Setting Chrome as your Preferred Browser [pdf]
- Disabling a Pop-Up Blocker [pdf]
- Setting Up Log In Preferences [pdf]
- Managing Emails by Setting Up Rules [pdf]
- Creating a Saved Search [pdf]
- User Group Descriptions [pdf]
- Functionality Matrix [pdf]
- Frequently Asked Questions [pdf] *UPDATED Aug 4*
- Creating a USC Jobs Account (Applicant Instructions) [pdf] *NEW*
Position Management, Classification & Compensation
- Hire Above Minimum (HAM) [pdf]
- Position Management – Viewing, Creating and Modifying Position Descriptions [pdf]
- Parallel Positions [pdf]
- Classified Job Titles by Advertised Salary Rates [pdf]
Creating a Posting
- Staff (FTE/RGP/TL) [pdf]
- Faculty FTE [pdf]
- Faculty RGP and TL [pdf]
- Adjunct Faculty/Temporary [pdf]
- Adding Supplemental Questions [pdf] *NEW*
- Applicant Reviewer [pdf] *NEW*
- Search Committee/Interview Panel Member (Applicant Review & Evaluation) [pdf] *NEW*
Using a Search Committee, Interview Panel or Search Firm
- Adding Search Committee/Interview Panel Members and Evaluative Criteria [pdf] *UPDATED Aug 1*
- Using a Search Firm with a Posting [pdf]
Quick Hire Process
- Adjunct Faculty/Temporary Staff (With PD) [pdf] *UPDATED Sept 18*
- Adjunct Faculty/Temporary Staff (No PD) [pdf] *UPDATED Sept 18*
Creating Hiring Proposals & Onboarding Events
- Hiring Proposal Documents by Position Type Matrix [pdf]
- Staff (FTE/RGP/TL) [pdf] *UPDATED SEPT 8*
- Faculty FTE [pdf] *UPDATED July 24*
- Faculty RGP/TL [pdf] *UPDATED Sept 5*
- Adjunct Faculty/Temporary Staff (With PD) [pdf] *UPDATED Sept 5*
- Adjunct Faculty/Temporary Staff (No PD) [pdf] *UPDATED Sept 5*
- International New Hires [pdf] *UPDATED Aug 24*
- Uploading a Position Description into Onboarding (Supervisor in the role of Initiator) [pdf] *UPDATED Sept 6*
- Uploading a Position Description into Onboarding [pdf] (Supervisor in the Role of Applicant Reviewer) [pdf] *UPDATED Sept 6*
- Onboarding Tips for Supervisors and Managers [pdf]
- Onboarding Tips for New Employees [pdf]
- Onboarding Checklists Matrix [pdf] *UPDATED Aug 24*
- Managing Onboarding Checklists & Viewing Employee Files [pdf] *UPDATED Aug 18*
- Form I-9 Processing – Completing Section 2 of the Form I-9 [pdf]
- Form I-9 Processing – Logging In, Navigation, Actions & Status Updates [pdf]
Review previously recorded webinars.