The Division of Human Resources is pleased to announce that the USC Jobs website was upgraded on June27, 2017! This upgrade transitioned our organization from using PeopleAdmin version 5.8 to Select Suite version 7.0. The goals of this upgrade are to significantly improve the hiring experience for the university’s applicants, hiring managers and approvers, to support more efficient processes, and to strengthen compliance efforts.
Please refer to this area of the HR Toolbox over the next few months for helpful resources and training materials.
GoLive Countdown Notifications
These notifications were sent to HR and Business Contacts regarding upcoming changes and training available for applicants and HR Contacts.
- Notification #1 [pdf]
- Notification #2 [pdf]
- Notification #3 [pdf]
- Notification #4 [pdf] – New GoLive date is June 27, 2017.
- Notification #5 [pdf] – GoLive implementation timeline *UPDATED*.
- Notification #6 [pdf] – Reminders, sneak peaks and user group definitions.
- Notification #7 [pdf] – How to register for training on June 19 and 20.
- Notification #8 [pdf] – Website access and user login instructions.
Timelines & Website Functionality
Here you will find important timelines, new features and workflow samples. There is also an Affordable Care Act (ACA) Calculation Worksheet as well as a Attestation of Hiring Process Form.
- NEW GoLive implementation timeline [pdf] – *UPDATED May 4* Includes specific actions for HR Contacts to take to prepare for the upgrade. Please pay close attention to deadlines and timelines for taking actions.
- GoLive User Resources [pdf] – Where to find resources on the HR website, and how to get 1-on-1 assistance [pdf] in our ready room on June 28 and 30.
- New Features and Improvements [pdf] – For applicants, hiring units, search committees and HR users.
- PeopleAdmin System Workflows [pdf] – Visual workflow for all actions and position types.
- PeopleAdmin ACA Calculation Worksheet [pdf] – Use this worksheet to help determine if an employee is eligible for insurance benefits.
- Attestation of Hiring Process Form [pdf] – Hiring managers and members of the selection committee use this form to disclose any prior relationship with a selected candidate.
- Proxy Request Form [pdf] – When an assigned user is going to be out of the office for an extended period of time, use this form to request a temporary user for a defined time period.
Training Materials & Quick Reference Guides
These resources provide instructions for how to do specific tasks in PeopleAdmin.
General System & User Tips
- Setting Chrome as your Preferred Browser [pdf]
- Disabling a Pop-Up Blocker [pdf]
- Setting Up Log In Preferences [pdf]
- Managing Emails by Setting Up Rules [pdf]
- Creating a Saved Search [pdf]
- User Group Descriptions [pdf]
- Functionality Matrix [pdf]
- Frequently Asked Questions [pdf]
Position Management, Classification & Compensation
- Hire Above Minimum (HAM) [pdf]
- Position Management – Viewing, Creating and Modifying Position Descriptions [pdf]
- Parallel Positions [pdf]
- Classified Job Titles by Advertised Salary Rates [pdf]
Creating a Posting
Using a Search Firm or Search Committee
- Adding Search Committee Members and Evaluative Criteria [pdf]
- Using a Search Firm with a Posting [pdf]
Quick Hire Process
Creating Hiring Proposals
- Hiring Proposal Documents by Position Type Matrix [pdf]
- Staff (FTE/RGP/TL) [pdf]
- Faculty FTE [pdf]
- Faculty RGP/TL [pdf]
- Adjunct Faculty/Temporary Staff (With PD) [pdf]
- Adjunct Faculty/Temporary Staff (No PD) [pdf]
- International Faculty New Hires [pdf]
Onboarding & Form I-9
- Uploading a Position Description into Onboarding [pdf]
- Onboarding Tips for Supervisors and Managers [pdf]
- Onboarding Tips for New Employees [pdf]
- Creating & Updating Onboarding Checklists [pdf]
- Managing Onboarding Checklists & Viewing Employee Files [pdf]
- Form I-9 Processing – Logging In, Navigation, Actions & Status Updates [pdf]
- Form I-9 Processing – Completing Section 2 of the Form I-9 [pdf]
Review previously recorded webinars.