Step by step waiver submission instructions
To submit the waiver, please go to the Student Insurance AIG website and follow these instructions (if you have an AIG account already, you will need to log in and waive from there):
- Go to "Find Your Institution," located in the top left corner of the web page.
- "Select your state:" South Carolina
- "Select your college:" University of South Carolina
- Select "Waive" on the left hand side of the web page and select "Waive Online."
- Check the box "I understand that I will waive out of this plan each semester, Fall and Spring/Summer semester."
- Click "Waive"
- You will then be required to update or enter your information and enter your insurance information. Fill in all the required information and submit it.
After submitting the waiver, you should receive an instant computer screen message informing you that you have successfully submitted the insurance waiver and should have a pending waiver and a confirmation number. Make sure you print this screen for future reference. After your insurance information has been verified, you will receive an email from AIG/Educational Markets informing you that you have an approved waiver or a declined waiver. Please read these emails closely. Sometimes they will ask you to send more information like a copy of your insurance card or benefit summary. If you receive a declined waiver, you will have an explanation as to why the waiver was declined. You will then be able to update your waiver information on the website screen and resubmit.
If you do not receive any of these messages after submitting your waiver, you need contact the USC Student Health Center before the waiver deadline for assistance.