Honor a remarkable woman for campus or community work.
The award is given at the Outstanding Woman of the Year Award Ceremony, held in late March during Women's History Month. Juniors and seniors may be nominated for the award by fellow students, faculty and staff.
To be considered, students complete an application, which includes a resume and two
short essays. Submitted applications are evaluated by the review committee, which then names a group of finalists. Finalists participate in interview to determine the eventual award winner.
To be eligible for the award, a candidate must:
- be an undergraduate student with 60 credit hours or more
- have attended USC for at least one semester
- have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better
Areas of Excellence
Students often show excellence in one or more of the following areas:
- Academic achievements and awards
- Campus involvement
- Community involvement or service
- Athletic activities
- Performing arts
- Campus media
- Work experience or internships
- Contributions and impact to the university and to other women
Make a Nomination
Nominations for Outstanding Woman of the Year will open in the spring of 2018.