Skip to Content

On Your Time Initiatives

Nondegree Registration and Advising

Any degree or nondegree-seeking student may take courses offered by On Your Time (Y sections). The Office of Undergraduate Admissions reviews nondegree student applications. Once admitted, students are advised by an OYT adviser.


Registering for classes requires a VIP ID and password to log into Self Service Carolina ( Watch our instructional video for more information on how to register.

searchable database of courses can be found online. For courses specifically in the evening or on weekends, be sure to select the appropriate criteria in the search field for "session."

As you register, you may also need to consider:


If you would prefer to audit a course, which consists of attending classes and listening without responsibility for any assignments or examinations, please complete the audit form [pdf] and return it to the Office of the University Registrar. The Registrar is located at 1244 Blossom St., Columbia, SC 29208. 


Overrides into OYT (Y sections) closed courses or those requiring special permission are given only by the professor and department offering the course. Once permission has been obtained, please forward the approval to Include your VIP ID, the course information and the type of override you wish to obtain.


Current nondegree students are advised by the Office of On Your Time Initiatives. Advising holds must be removed before registering for classes. Contact, or 777-9850, with your VIP ID to have an advising hold removed.