Partner requests are currently closed.
The deadline for partner requests was April 3, 2017. Check back in spring 2018 to request to be a partner.
Increase name recognition for your organization, and cultivate awareness of your programs and services. All ads must be provided by your organization.
Gamecock Level ($250)
Half-page ad in the Garnet Guide, distributed to all new students and parents
Spur Level ($500)
Full-page ad in the Garnet Guide, distributed to all new students and parents
Cocky Level ($950)
Double-page ad in the Garnet Guide, distributed to all new students and parents
Carolina Level ($1,000-$4,000)
- Double-page ad (provided by you) in the Garnet Guide, distributed to all new students and parents
- Co-sponsor orientation-related events
Various advertising options are available, depending on your partnership type and budget. The Orientation Resource Fair and the Garnet Guide are two of the best opportunities to get your message to our students and their families.
Orientation Resource Fair
This is a community-wide event held during freshman and transfer student orientations throughout the year. Partners have the opportunity to set up a table as new students and families “shop” around for information they want or need. No actual financial transactions are permitted at the fair.
The Garnet Guide is distributed to all new students at orientation. It is a combination of resources and services relevant to a student’s first year at the University of South Carolina. Partners can run an ad in the publication, in an assortment of size options.
Orientation advertisements will be for students admitted summer 2018, fall 2018 and spring 2019. Please consider this when designing an advertisement for your business or organization.
Make your ad answer these three primary questions:
- Who are you?
- What can you do to support a new student and their family in the first year?
- How can they connect with you?
- Use website addresses for in-depth information.
- Use real photos, and avoid clip art or irrelevant animations.
- Avoid text-heavy ads, and try to think about the things new students will care about most.
- Don’t provide specific dates. These guides will be distributed to students who are admitted for the summer and fall 2017 and spring 2018 academic terms.
File Format and Printing
- Submissions must be print-ready and will only be accepted electronically in PDF format with a minimum 300dpi resolution.
- We will not insert loose-leaf papers inside the Garnet Guide.
- All information is printed in color on white paper.
Half-page ad: 7.5" x 5"
Full-page ad: 7.5" x 10"
If files are not in the proper format, we cannot guarantee clarity and resolution. No other formats will be accepted.
In order to reduce errors and increase consistency from page to page, we ask that you submit your advertisement via email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.