This system, 25Live, has been used for scheduling academic space for many years and is now being expanded to include all events and non-class meetings throughout the university. For faculty and staff that have been using the system you will continue to request general purpose academic locations according to the policies and procedures that have been in existence.
Entering events into the 25Live system will allow you to submit requests for events to be added to the main university calendar, calendar.sc.edu, or other calendars around the university (i.e. USC Connect Calendar). Academic and administrative units also have the option of setting up a unit calendar that works with your unit's website within the university content management system (OU Campus).
Setting Up Your Unit with a Calendar
For units already part of the university content management system (OU Campus), follow these steps to generate an online calendar for your unit from the 25Live database:
- Fill out the Calendar and Space Reservation Access Request form. This form will give us crucial details about your unit, locations, users and
calendar needs. Because this is a dual system, all locations must be activated in
the database and a scheduler from the unit identified to approve all space requests.
- Roseanne Shaw, the calendar administrator, will evaluate your submission and contact you to begin setting up your users and locations.
- Once your unit has been set up, you and your schedulers (those approving and managing locations) will be trained using the 25Live system.
- After training you can begin entering events into the system. Once you have enough to feed into a calendar you can contact Roseanne again about setting up searches to publish them from the 25Live database to your calendar.
- Once your unit is set up and using 25Live to enter calendar ready events, you will work with Digital Strategy to set up your calendar pages and schedule a follow up training session on using the CMS side of the calendar. If your unit’s webpages are not part of the university CMS (OU Campus) yet, you will need to become part of it before you can set up an online calendar for your unit.
Using the 25Live System
There are three levels of users in the 25Live system:
- Requestor: Authorized users who can request a room for an event. This could be an event coordinator, faculty member, or administrative professional.
- Space Scheduler: Designated Space Schedulers (gatekeepers) approve all requests to reserve a space for their unit. The 25Live scheduler will likely be the person who approved use of the unit’s spaces prior to the location’s activation in the database.
- Calendar Manager: Unit calendar managers will approve events for display on a unit’s calendar once the space scheduler has approved the room request. The calendar manager and the space scheduler for a unit could be the same person, or it could be the communications manager for a unit.)
All users on the Columbia campus will login to 25Live using their USC network username and password. Please follow these steps to gain access:
- Using Chrome or Firefox, visit https://25live.collegenet.com/sc. Do not use Safari or Internet Explorer, as unexpected results may occur.
- Choose the Sign In link in the upper right or lower left hand corner of the screen.
- At the Shibboleth log in page, enter your USC network username and password.
- Upon first log-in, you will have view-only access. The 25Live system administrator will update your user account with requestor permissions and send a confirmation email to you.
- To log out, please check to make sure you are finished with all tasks and actions in 25Live. Close your browser window to end your session.
If you need assistance, contact Roseanne Shaw at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the step by step guide for adding Calendar Ready Events [pdf] into the Calendar and Space Reservation system.
A training video is available to preview using the Calendar and Space Reservation system to request a location for an event. There will be a 30-second delay to ensure your computer is set to run the video. It is recommended you have the most up-to-date version of the Adobe Flash player. For assistance with this download or installation, please email the UTS Service Desk at email@example.com or call 803-777-1800.