The Office of Equal Opportunity Programs protects employees, applicants for employment and students at the University of South
Carolina against discrimination.
- Investigates discrimination or harassment complaints pertaining to age, race, color, sexual orientation, gender, religion, national origin, disability, genetics or veteran status
- Provides training and education for staff, faculty and students to promote understanding of equal employment opportunity requirements, ADA requirements and Title IX compliance
- Ensures full compliance with all state and federal laws
- Provides support service for Affirmative Action Compliance to all search committees including the “Affirmative Action Recruiting Sources” manual.
- Advises search committees of areas of underutilization
- Completes the Applicant Information Report and the EEO Progress Report for the South Carolina Human Affairs Commission
- Annually revises the Affirmative Action Plan and Goal Achievement Report for the South Carolina Human Affairs Commission
- Completes the VETS100 Report and Disability Report as required by the federal government
- Executes system-wide annual report for the South Carolina Commission on Higher Education
Access and Equity Program
Clifford Scott, Director of Equal Opportunity Programs