What is my VIP ID?
Your VIP ID is an eight-digit number that has been assigned to you by USC, providing you access to multiple university sites including Self Service Carolina.
How do I set or reset my VIP ID password?
- Navigate in your browser to my.sc.edu/vipid
- Click the option that best applies to you.
- Complete the required information and click Continue.
- You will be prompted to set your password. The new password must contain three of the following attributes:
- One uppercase character
- One lowercase character
- One or more numeric characters
- One or more special characters (!@#$%^&*)
- In the next step you will be asked to answer two security questions, or to set up your security questions if you are a first time user.
- If you are able to set your password, you will see the following message: “Your password has been reset. To log into the system and access your account, use your VIP ID and password to log into Self Service Carolina.”
What is my Network Username?
Your Network Username is a combination of your first and last names, and it may also include your middle initial and/or numbers. It can be anywhere from three to eight characters. You will use it to access your university e-mail, university wired and wireless networks, Blackboard, and some departmental systems.
How do I set or reset my Network Username password?
- Navigate in your browser to my.sc.edu.
- In the Students tab, under the Personal section, click View my IDs and manage my passwords.
- If prompted, log in using your VIP ID and password.
- You will come to a page that says, “Your USC Identifiers.”
- Locate your Network Username. It should be the second item listed on this page.
- To the right of your Network Username, click Manage Password.
- Enter a new password in the first box, and retype it in the second box to confirm.
- Click the Set Password button.
- You will receive a confirmation message upon successfully resetting your password.