Faculty and Staff
Courtney Catledge, Ph.D.
|Title:||Director, USCL BSN Collaborative Program
|Department:||Nursing, Math, Science, Public Health
|Office:||Hubbard Hall 234|
|Office Hours:||TWR 9:30 am-10:45 am; or by appointment.|
Welcome to the University of South Carolina Lancaster. I am the Director of the USCL
BSN Collaborative Program. I am an instructor with the Bachelor of Science of Nursing
collaborative program as well. I teach pre-nursing as well as classes in the upper
division here at USCL. I also function as a BSN advisor. I have an asthma research
project that I am collaborative conducting alongside Dr. Robin Estrada. This has given
me the privilege of working with many BSN students on the USCL campus in a different
capacity. I am here to help you in any way that I can.
I just wanted to share a little bit about who I am. I am a native of Tennessee. I received my BSN at Clemson University (GO TIGERS!!!). After graduation, I got married and moved to Lancaster to build my home. Since then, I have gone back to school a few times and been blessed to be able to complete a MSN in Community and Public Health, a Masters in Public Health in Public Health Administration, and most recently a DNP with an emphasis in both Family Nurse Practitioner and Pediatric Nurse Practitioner. My nursing experiences is rather varied from acute care (ER, Med/surg, Telemetry), community and public health, and as a FNP working in both Urgent Care and Retail Medicine. About 18 months ago was blessed to be able to collaboratively develop a medical support clinic at a local non-profit where I work as a FNP with pregnant women and their families.
I love my role here at the University in teaching and advising students and I aspire to help you in any way possible to accomplish your goals. Communication is key in my eyes and I believe in an open door policy. I look forward to working with you this semester.
• Selected by Comporium Communication as the 2016 Phonebook Feature. The nursing simulation lab was the cover photo and there was a feature article highlighting the BSN program and Sim lab.
• Faculty Colloquium (October 2016): “Travel study: Nursing and Healthcare in London”
• Presented at the Guidance Counselors Luncheon sponsored by USCL. Reviewed BSN collaborative program including requirements for admission and progression and stressing high school science and math.
• Presented at USCL Honors day 2016: Shared with prospective students, and chaperones the use of technology and simulation in nursing education.
• Gregory Health and Wellness Access Grant Educational Seminars.
• Scott, A. and Catledge, C. (2016, July 21). Debriefing 101: Where learning begins. HealthCare Simulation South Carolina, 5th Annual Collaborative Partner Symposium and SIMOps, Society for Simulation in Healthcare, Greenville, South Carolina.
• Scott, A., Catledge, C., & Pate, L. (2016, February 6). Debriefing for Meaningful
Learning: Expanded across student interactions. Winthrop 3
rd Annual Conference on Teaching and Learning. Rock Hill, South Carolina.
• Debriefing for Meaningful Learning: Expanded Across Student and Faculty Interactions. Courtney Catledge, Ann Scott, & Leigh Pate. Presented at Johnson and Wales Faculty In-service, Charlotte, NC on 4/29/16. Podium Presentation.
• A mentored research program evaluation: Preliminary results of Debriefing for Meaningful Learning. Courtney Catledge & Robin Estrada. Presented at the Celebration of Research and Productive Scholarship Day USCL on 4/7/16. Podium Presentation.
• Scott, A., Catledge, C., and Pate, L. (2016, April 7). Debriefing for meaningful learning: Expanded across student interactions. University of South Carolina Lancaster Discovery Day. Lancaster, South Carolina. Poster presentation.
• Catledge, C., Pate, L., Scott, A. (2016, April 20). USC College of Nursing and USCL Cooperative BSN Program: BSN nursing overview with focus on simulation. Presented at the April 2016 Lancaster Rotary Breakfast Club meeting, Lancaster, SC. Podium presentation
• Catledge, C., Scott, A., Pate, L. (2016, April 7). USC College of Nursing and USCL Cooperative BSN Program: BSN Information session. University of South Carolina Lancaster BSN Information Session. Lancaster, South Carolina. Podium presentation
• Catledge, C., Scott, A, & Pate, L. (April 7, 2016). Debriefing for Meaningful Learning: Expanded Across Student Interactions. Poster presentation at the Celebration of Research and Productive Scholarship Day University of South Carolina.
• Catledge C., and Estrada, R. (April 7, 2016). A mentored research program evaluation: Preliminary results of Debriefing for Meaningful Learning. Presented at the Celebration of Research and Productive Scholarship Day USCL. Poster presentation.
• Scott, A. & Catledge, C. (2016, October). Debriefing for meaningful learning: Connecting the dots. Sigma Theta Tau 28th International Nursing Research Congress. Dublin, Ireland July 30, 2017.
• Scott, A., Catledge, C., & Pate, L. (2016, February). Debriefing for Meaningful Learning: Expanded across student interactions. Submitted to The Teaching Professor Technology Conference. Atlanta, Georgia. September 30-October 2, 2016. Not accepted.
• American Academy of Nurse Credentialing. Family Nurse Practitioner Board Certification
• South Carolina Board of Nursing- Received my Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Licensure (August 2010) with Prescriptive Authority
• South Carolina Drug Enforcement Agency Licensure for Controlled Substances
• Federal Drug Enforcement Agency Licensure for Controlled Substances
• Member of Sigma Theta Tau (Alpha XI Chapter STTI) nursing honor society (#0407147)
• Member of South Carolina Nurses Association
• Member of American Nurses Association (# 01347610)
• American Heart Association CPR/First Aid Instructor. August 2015-present.