Here at the University of South Carolina Lancaster, we offer counseling services at no charge to active students. Students can take advantage of this opportunity by calling, emailing, or stopping by our office to schedule an appointment or to ask questions.
We are here to provide support for whatever you are going through!
*Appointments are recommended. Walk-Ins are welcome and will be seen as scheduling permits.
The initial appointment will be an introductory session, where you will fill out/review necessary forms and become acquainted with our counseling services. You will also meet with the therapist to complete an assessment so that the therapist may understand how to best support you. The first appointment will be around 60-90 minutes long.
The next appointment will focus on identifying your goals for counseling and creating a “game plan”. Follow-up appointments will be approximately 30-50 minutes long on a weekly basis or as needed, depending on your needs.
In order for you to take advantage of the counseling opportunities here at The University of South Carolina Lancaster, we would need you to complete the Pre-Appointment Forms below before your first appointment. These forms will provide you with information regarding our services, policies, and procedures. It will also provide us with information about you and your situation to ensure we know how to best provide you with support.
There are two options to accomplish this:
- You may pick up these forms in the Student Services Office (Starr Hall 125) in advance and then bring the completed and signed forms to your first appointment.
- You can print these forms from the links below and bring the completed and signed forms to your first appointment.
The PRE-APPOINTMENT FORMS include the following:
- The INTAKE FORM collects demographic, identifying information, past history, and current concerns.
- The PROFESSIONAL DISCLOSURE STATEMENT provides detailed information regarding your therapist, services, confidentiality, and procedures.
- The NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES (NPP). This document provides detailed information regarding how your information may or may not be shared/disclosed. We are required by law to provide you this document.
- The INFORMED CONSENT is your acknowledgement to engage in voluntary counseling services here at The University of South Carolina Lancaster Counseling Services.
Bring all forms completed and signed during your first visit in order to receive services. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or concerns.