We are committed to providing a safe work environment, free of recognizable hazards.
Furthermore, it is the policy of the Facilities Department to comply with all applicable
departmental programs, state and federal standards, codes and regulations, including
the occupational safety and health standards established by the federal Occupational
Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
Our Guiding Safety Principles
- All injuries can be prevented.
- Working safely is a condition of employment and job #1.
- All employees are responsible for preventing injuries.
- All operating exposures can be safeguarded.
- Management audits/reports are essential for knowing how we are doing.
- Training employees to work safely is essential and mandatory.
- We will promote off-the-job safety for our employees.
Safety And Environmental Responsibilities, Authority And Accountability Mechanisms