Inscription reads: The residence of Professor Roberts at the rear of the Library, but facing Sumter Street, the entrance to the Campus. 1874 May 23. Gift of Prof. Richard T. Greener, of Columbia, S.C. (H.U. 1870).
This building is now called Flinn Hall. Originally standing at the corner of Sumter and Pendleton streets, it was moved in 1935 to make room for the War Memorial Building. Its current location is behind Elliott College.