- The Center for Teaching Excellence is looking for excellent candidates to fill several open positions.
Call for Applications (Closes 04-11-2014)
Instructional Designer (Curriculum Coordinator II)
Center for Teaching Excellence
University of South Carolina
The Center for Teaching Excellence (CTE) at the University of South Carolina invites applications for an Instructional Designer to join our instructional design team specializing in distributed learning. This position will support faculty on the University’s Columbia campus and four regional campuses in the creation and use of best practices for distributed learning courses, especially fully online and blended courses, as well as for instructional media and Web course management systems. Duties will include:
- • Consulting with faculty on course design and implementation to incorporate best practices and current theories of instruction for distributed learning courses.
- • Designing and creating technology-enabled assignments and learning activities.
- • Production and editing of original media and conversion of course materials into appropriate digital formats.
- • Coordinating with design team members to develop processes, shared design resources, and contacts to ensure the timely and effective development of distributed learning courses.
- • Assisting with faculty development in various aspects of distributed learning through workshops and tutorials.
- • Maintaining competence in new developments in distributed learning and applying this knowledge to all areas of the job.
Master’s degree and one year of related work experience, or bachelor's degree and 3 years related experience is required. One year of experience in course development for distributed learning in higher education is preferred. Experience with current and emerging instructional technologies and pedagogies and with developing Web-based multimedia instructional components is required. Knowledge of the Blackboard learning management system and quality assessment rubrics such as Quality Matters or Sloan-C is preferred. Candidates must have excellent written and oral communication skills, strong organizational skills, and the ability to work across disciplines with diverse clientele. Candidates should also have strong interpersonal skills and enjoy working with university faculty, staff and students.
This 12-month classified staff position will have a salary commensurate with experience, with an expected range of $37,945-$55,000 per year plus benefits.
To apply, locate requisition number 007185 on the Human Resources Website Human Resources Website. Applicants must submit a cover letter, a resume or CV, and a list of three references. Applicants may also submit a sample of description of their work in distributed learning course design and development. The University of South Carolina is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Institution. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
For additional information, visit the Center for Teaching Excellence.