Study Abroad Checklist
A completed current academic year FAFSA must be on file with our office if you plan to use federal financial aid for any of the related programs.
- The FAFSA is required for most types of federal financial aid including student loans and is done on the web.
- USC Columbia's School Code is 003448
- Remember that it could take one to two weeks for the USC Financial Aid Office to receive your results.
- The FAFSA is not required for State or University Scholarships
The Financial Aid Pre-Screen form must be completed and submitted to the Financial Aid Office.
- The submission of required documentation is subject to a 48-72 hour processing time.
- Incomplete or illegible documents may delay or cause your request for financial aid to be denied.
Study Abroad students must ensure that they have enrolled in their place-holder courses through the USC Study Abroad office. Contact 803-777-7557.
Check your awards on VIP (SSC after summer 2013).
- If you have been awarded Palmetto Fellows, LIFE, HOPE, or State Need-Based Grants, be sure to complete the online certification statement. A link to the online certification statement can be found below your financial aid awards as displayed on SSC.
Complete all required Stafford Loan Entrance Counseling or Perkins Loan Entrance Counseling.
Complete your Stafford Loan Master Promissory Note.
Complete your Federal Perkins Loan M PN if awarded a Federal Perkins Loan.
Read all Award Terms and Conditions for detailed information about your awards and how to use them.
All USC charges must be resolved prior to any financial aid being available for use in of the related programs.
- Students may view VIP (SSC after summer 2013) or contact the Bursar's office at 803-777-4233 for information about outstanding charges.
- Outstanding charges may include Honors College fees, parking fees, etc.