South Carolina One Voice One Plan
The South Carolina One Voice One Plan Future of Nursing Action Coalition is working with nurses and organizational leaders across the state to ensure the implementation of the recommendations of the 2010 landmark Institute of Medicine (IOM) report, “The Future of Nursing: Leading Change, Advancing Health.”
The USC Center for Nursing Leadership and the South Carolina Hospital Association were selected to be an action coalition in September 2011 by the Future of Nursing: Campaign for Action to ensure all Americans have access to high-quality care with nurses contributing to the full extent of their capabilities.
Key focus areas in developing plans to implement the recommendations in S.C. are:
- allowing registered nurses to practice to the full extent of their education and training
- increasing the numbers of nurses with baccalaureate and doctoral degrees
- assuring smooth articulation between nursing degree programs
- preparing nurses to lead change and advance health
- continuing to support and grow the nursing workforce data center located in the USC College of Nursing.