Engage in the Process
And Build Yourself Up.
Although our ultimate goal is to see you and other USC students awarded prestigious scholarships and fellowships, the preparation process, in and of itself, enhances academic and personal skills. Some of the insights and benefits include:
- a better sense of professional interests, strengths and talents, career goals, and graduate school options
- stronger interpersonal skills and interview techniques
- experience and maturity in presenting and defending ideas in writing and before panels of critics
- improved ability in preparing applications for competitive positions
- individual guidance from faculty and recognition from USC for outstanding efforts and accomplishments.
To get started, attend one of our scholarship workshops, held during the fall and spring semesters. The workshops introduce you to faculty members from a wide range of academic and administrative areas. They will become your mentors and advisors should you choose to engage in the process of becoming a national scholar. We especially encourage first-year students and sophomores to attend a workshop and discover the exceptional opportunities.