Funds are not available for the academic year.
Please check back in March for summer funding
The South Carolina Alliance for Minority Participation (SC-AMP) at USC supports programs for undergraduate minority students in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) disciplines.
How do I nominate a student for this program?
- If you would like to work with this student: please have the student complete the application form and submit to email@example.com.
- If you think the student would be great for the program, please encourage them to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment or you can email email@example.com directly with the student’s name and email (if possible).
I have specific student(s) I want to work with - how do we get involved?
Please have the student complete the application form and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I would like to mentor a SCAMP student, how do I get involved?
Please send an email with the following information to: email@example.com
- Your Name
- Email address
- Home page (if desired)
- 2-3 lines about your ongoing research interests
What are the eligibility requirements?
- underrepresented minority as defined by the National Science Foundation (African-American, Hispanic American, Pacific Islander, or Native American)
- citizen or legal resident of the United States
- minimum GPA of 3.0
- undergraduate seeking a bachelor’s degree in engineering, mathematics, any natural science, or computer science
- student must attend USC Columbia or Midlands Tech
- students must be working on a project in engineering, mathematics, any natural science, or computer science
Does the student have to attend USC, or can they be from any SC college?
student must attend USC Columbia or Midlands Tech
Can the student be a resident of SC, but attend college in another state?
My professor told me about the program, how do I apply?
- If you do not have a project yet, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment and we can help you find a project.
- If you have a project and faculty advisor, complete the application form
[All programs subject to funding availability]
NEW International Research Awards
Get involved in a research project abroad! Awards available to off-set expenses.
Research Program - Summer
Get involved in a research project with a USC professor for 8-10 weeks during the summer, full-time (37.5 hours per week)!
Requirements: Workshops, USC Summer Symposium, and SCAMP research conference presentation
AWARD: $4000 stipend
For more information, questions, or to apply contact:
Office of Undergraduate research
Legare College room 120
Phone: (803) 777-1141