The Magellan Apprentice program funds Capstone Scholars' research projects, specifically introductory research projects. Scholars interested in the program will work with the Office of Undergraduate Research (OUR) to find a faculty mentor and create a project application to submit for review. Scholars may be awarded up to $1,000 to be used for a salary, materials, and supplies.
- Up to $1000 for salary, materials, supplies, and/or travel required to complete the project
- Grant end date is one year after start of project
- Funds are provided by reimbursement ONLY
- All materials and supplies purchased through this program are USC property.
- NOTE: You do not have to apply for the full amount in order to be considered for a mini-grant
Students selected to receive awards will be expected to:
- Work on an approved project under the guidance of a USC faculty or staff mentor;
- Make significant progress toward the completion of their projects within the academic year;
- Attend 3 OUR hosted Apprentice workshops throughout the academic year
- Participate in Discovery Day with a poster, presentation, or display.
- Students who fail to participate in Discovery Day will NOT be eligible to apply for the Residential Mini-Grant OR Magellan funding.
A complete application consists of:
Project Description and Budget Form; Uploaded to application form
Research Contract ; emailed or campus mailed to OUR (Legare College room 126)
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, call us at (803) 777-1141, or stop by our office in Legare College room 126.