Magellan Scholar Program Compliance, Research Integrity, and Authorship Agreement
All participants are bound by:
- the Responsible Conduct of Research code of ethics
- the Carolinian Creed
- the University’s Honor Code
Violations of these codes will result in an immediate decline or withdrawal of funding and referral to the appropriate office for disciplinary measures.
EVERY student is responsible for writing his/her own proposal. The student is the primary author. However, grant writing is a collaborative effort and your mentor will offer suggestions and recommendations during the editing and revising stage. For group projects, where multiple students are submitting one proposal, the students are still the primary authors and will work together to create the text.
Violations related to plagiarism include but are not limited to:
- copying from previous or same round proposals (all or partial) without appropriate citations
- failure to include references or to cite said references
- any other forms of research misconduct or misrepresentation
Clarification on resubmissions:
Students declined in a previous round are not plagiarizing when revising and resubmitting their own work. HOWEVER, proposals cannot be revised and resubmitted by a different student.
Questions or concerns?
Please contact Julie Morris at firstname.lastname@example.org / 803-777-1141