Congratulations to OUR award recipients!
The Mini-Grant Program supports undergraduate students in their pursuit of research, scholarship, and creative activities. Funds can be used to purchase materials and supplies required for conducting the research project.
Deadline for fall is October 31
Deadline for spring/summer is February 28
Applications may be accepted on a rolling basis, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Up to $1000 for materials, supplies, and/or travel required to complete the project
- Grant end date is one year after start of project
- Ongoing support for continuation or completion of previously supported projects may be available in future semesters on a competitive basis
- Funds are provided by reimbursement ONLY
- All materials and supplies purchased through this program are USC property.
NOTE: You do not have to apply for the full amount in order to be considered for a mini-grant
- Full-time degree seeking undergraduate students
- Student must be in good academic standing with the university
- Working under the guidance of a USC faculty or staff member on any scholarly, research, or creative project are eligible
- Students who have received a previous Mini-Grant may apply for additional support and must provide evidence of satisfactory progress in their project to be considered for additional funding.
Students selected to receive awards will be
- Work on an approved project under the guidance of a USC faculty or staff mentor;
- Make significant progress toward the completion of their projects within the academic year; and
- Participate in Discovery Day with a poster, presentation, or display. Students who fail to participate in Discovery Day will NOT be eligible to apply for future mini-grants OR Magellan funding.
A complete application consists of:
- Application Form
NOTE: for research program (first field of form) select “Magellan Mini-Grant
- Project Description and Budget Form; Uploaded to application form
- Research Contract; emailed OUR (email@example.com)
TIPS & HINTS for completing the Mini-Grant application
Sample Application 1
Sample Application 2
Proposals will be reviewed based on the following criteria:
- The merit of the project itself
- The project’s potential to provide real involvement and learning for the
- The impact of the project on the university, community, etc.
- Equitable distribution of available grants.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, call us at (803) 777-1141, or stop by our office in Legare College room 126.