Campus Safety and Available Shuttles
Safety On Campus At Night: Available Shuttles & Escorts
Do not walk alone after dark. Early evening to late evening, travel only in
groups of three or more in well lighted and traveled areas. Also consider using
the various USC shuttle services available - see http://www.sc.edu/vmps/shuttle.html for schedules and routes.
- DAYTIME SHUTTLE (7:30 am to 5:30 pm)
- Carolina Shuttle: Operates during the day, Monday through Friday, on an assigned route. See website above for schedule/route.
- EVENING SHUTTLES (5:30 pm to 12:30 am)
- Evening Shuttle
The Evening Shuttle consists of two vans running from 5:30pm to 12:30am, Mon-Fri, when classes are in session.
Click here for a map of the Evening Shuttle Routes
- APO Escort Service
OperatesSunday through Thursday, 8pm to12am, when classes are in session. To arrange a pickup, just call 777-DUCK (3825). On occasions when APO is not available, please call 777-3351. (APO Escort service is sponsored by the Iota Mu Chapter of Alpha Phi Omega, a national service fraternity on campus.)
- LATE NIGHT SHUTTLE (12:30 am to 6:30 am)
The Late Night Shuttle operates from 12:30 am to 6:30 am, Mon-Fri, when classes are in session. It can be dispatched by calling 777-3351. Students, Faculty, and Staff can wait inside their secure area until the shuttle arrives.
[BACK TO TOP]
Student Illness or Behavior Concerns
Student Illness or Behavior In the Classroom
In an emergency situation, call 911 from a campus phone or 803-777-4215 from
a cell phone to reach USC Police. Call during any type of emergency, such as a
student with an illness or disruptive behavior that may require law enforcement
or first responder, or any other situation in which you feel safety is a concern.
What to do:
- When the USC Police dispatcher asks, state your location, nature of the
emergency and any other relevant information.
- Do what the dispatcher tells you to do.
- Stay on the line until the dispatcher releases you.
- Follow up by contacting the offices listed below.
In a non-emergency situation or to follow up on a past emergency situation,
contact any of the appropriate offices below:
- USC Police: 803-777-4215. See also www.les.sc.edu/.
- Classroom Behavioral Issues: 803-777-4333 (Office of Student Judicial Programs/Behavioral Intervention Team)
See also www.sc.edu/BIT or www.sc.edu/osjp.
- Counseling & Human Development Center: 803-777-5223
- College/School Dean's office (illnesses)
[BACK TO TOP]