AT and Learning Disabilities
Math difficulties range from mild to severe. Students experience different types of math difficulties, which require different classroom instruction, adaptations and sometimes even different methods. Some students have an excellent grasp of math concepts, but have difficulty in calculating.
Computers and software programs allow students who have trouble using traditional math tools to participate in math activities to construct and manipulate objects for counting, sorting, combining and completing related work sheets.
- A good summary of various math software products for younger children:
Products from Riverdeep, IntelliTools and Nordic are described. While these programs provide good instruction for any student, they may be particularly important for students with learning disabilities who especially need repetitive visual and sound components.
- ACCUPLACER Elementary Algebra - http://www.varsitytutors.com/free-accuplacer_arithmetic-resources
- ACCUPLACER Elementary Algebra - http://www.varsitytutors.com/free-accuplacer_elementary_algebra-resources
- Algebra - http://www.varsitytutors.com/algebra_1-practice-tests
- ACT Math -
- ACT COMPASS Math - http://www.varsitytutors.com/compass_math-practice-tests
- Advanced Geometry - http://www.varsitytutors.com/advanced_geometry-practice-tests
- All 120 Subjects - http://www.varsitytutors.com/practice-tests
- AplusMath - http://www.aplusmath.com/
- Central Access Reader (CAR) - Free Screen Reader for MathRecognizes Notations, Equations, and Symbols Most Text-to-Speech Programs Miss
- Cool Math Games - http://www.mathblaster.com/coolmath
- Free Printable Math Manipulatives -
- Khan Academy - http://www.khanacademy.org/ Free! 100s of skills to practice.
- Kids’ Math Games - http://www.jumpstart.com/parents/games/math-games
- Measure Matic - http://www.sawmillsoftware.com/
- Riverdeep - 30-day free trial http://web.riverdeep.net/portal/
- SCATP - http://www.sc.edu/scatp/math.html