- Navigation. Inability or difficulty navigating using a keyboard or assistive technology.
- Hidden content. Presentation of content or functionality that is not accessible to assistive technologies.
- User control. Lack of user control over automated content changes.
- Confusion/Disorientation. Altering or disabling the normal functionality of the browser or triggering events that the user may not be aware of.
- “Identify Multimedia” and “Identify Applets” on “Doc Info” menu.
- See if you can use your keyboard tab through or access the areas of Java (for example, if there is a form that uses Java, make sure you can tab into it and type, and press the Enter key to submit information)
- Use the WAT to identify scripts
- If an “on click” event is listed, tab through the web page to determine whether the keyboard can navigate and activate all menus and buttons.
- If the page has embedded multimedia objects, attempt to have the screen reader find text that contains the same content.
- Veterans Health Administration Section 508 Office: Accessible Flash