Services for Employers and Employees
Services Fact Sheet in Word format
- Equipment Demonstration: SCATP operates an assistive technology demonstration center in our offices in Columbia. We have many different kinds of equipment that might be used in an employment setting, such as adapted computer hardware and software, communication devices, aids for low vision and hearing loss, and adapted telephones. The demonstration center is open to employers as well as employees seeking to find assistive technology to help them do their jobs.
- Device Loan: Employees or employers may borrow devices from the demonstration center for a short-term try-out period at no charge.
- Telephone Assistance: SCATP staff welcome questions from employers seeking to find out what assistive technology or accommodations are available to assist employees in being productive.
- Team Consultation: We guide individuals with disabilities and their support teams through the assistive technology decision-making process. A variety of assistive technology equipment and software is available during the consultation.
- Annual Free Assistive Technology Expo: For over twenty years, SCATP has been the primary sponsor of an annual assistive technology expo that showcases the latest assistive technology for people with disabilities. The one-day Expo includes vendor and agency exhibits as well as workshops, and is free and open to the public.
- Microsoft Accessibility Resource Center: SCATP serves as a resource center to educate people about the accessibility options that are built in to Microsoft products.
- Training: SCATP sponsors free or low-cost workshops on many assistive technology topics. SCATP staff members are available to conduct workshops on specific topics upon request, including assistive technology basics, computer access, software for literacy, and universal design for learning.
- Assistive Technology Exchange: SCATP manages an online recycling database to help citizens with disabilities and functional limitations find affordable assistive technology devices and equipment. This program is designed to facilitate transactions between South Carolinians.
- Assistive Technology Online Network: SCATP manages an information-sharing listserv for people interested in information about AT resources throughout the state and region.
- Webpage with Resources: SCATP’s webpage includes more information about SCATP services as well as links to job-related resources. SCATP’s computer accessibility list lists computer access accommodations by disability
back to top