Saturday Japanese School
Japanese Saturday School is an opportunity to help the children of Japanese residents stay in touch with the Japanese language and culture through traditional activities and language instruction. In order to be admitted to the school, students meet the following requirements:
- Elementary students must be at least six years old when beginning school in April.
- Kindergarten students must be between four and five years old.
- In principle, the children should be of Japanese parentage.
- The students must be recognized as appropriate to the purposes of the school.
Learn more about the South Carolina Japanese Language Supplementary School.
Spanish Community Outreach Program
We work to make students and faculty aware of volunteer opportunities that use their Spanish skills to serve the Hispanic communities of South Carolina. Popular opportunities include:
- Working with immigrant students who are struggling to learn English and acclimate to the classroom
- Assisting with translation and customer contact at local health clinics
If you're interested in having your volunteer opportunity posted on our bulletin board, email Wendy Schneider (WCSCHNEI@mailbox.sc.edu).
Students can find the bulletin board on the 7th floor of the Humanities Office Building at 1620 College Street.