Upcoming Events and Announcements
ESRI calls for images
The annual ESRI User Conference (July 9–13, 2018) illustrates the value of GIS by
showcasing the innovative applications and powerful maps from users at its plenary
session. They invite users to share examples of their work and submit up to three
images of their best maps, photos, and diagrams for consideration. More information at the conference website; submission deadline is May 18, 2018.
USC Geography and Geographers in the News
- Meet the young American with autism who earned a Rhodes scholarship
- Climate matters: How climate change affects SC with Greg Carbone
- 'A phenomenal mentor': Geography professor reflects on her method and a prize student
- Weathering a change: Campus weather station to change locations after more than 45 years
- Researchers retrieve Navy logs to 'weather' the Civil War years off South Carolina, region
Check out the Geography Department's News too
Photo: Sedimentation fieldwork at the McCrady Base in Columbia; Michael Hodgson.