Our students complete 12 classes for a total of 36 hours, divided into three parts. To complete the M.M.C. program students will also complete a practicum and written and oral exams.
1. The core 18 hours:
- Research Methods in Mass Communication
- Integrated Communication Principles
- Media Law
- Issues in Mass Communication Management
- New Technologies and the Mass Media
- Practicum in Mass Communication Management (working with an organization or agency in their chosen field.)
2. Four courses in directed electives (for 12 hours):
- Integrated Communication Strategies
- Integrated Communication Campaigns
- Marketing Management
- Public Relations Management or Advertising Management
3. Two courses of elective credits (for six hours) to be chosen from:
- Marketing Research
- Marketing Planning
- Consumer Behavior
- Marketing Communications
- Sales and Sales Management
- Product and Branding Policies
- Customer Relationship Management and Data Mining
- Internet Marketing
- Management of Human Resources
- Organization Behavior or Organizational Communication
Other electives also can be chosen if approved by advisors.
4. Written and oral exams:
- A five-hour written exam based on the core classes.
- A second-day written exam based on the elective hours and practicum experience.
- An oral defense of the second-day written exam.