News and Announcements
- Fall Break - Thursday, October 19 and Friday, October 20
- Second Term Semester Dates - October 23 through December 8
- Priority Registration - Monday, November 6
- Registration - Monday, November 13
Internship/Job Searching - Activate your Handshake!
Starting this week, we will direct all employers to upload opportunities for students to view on Handshake. If you have not done so, now is the time to activate your account, upload your resume and build your profile. Handshake will be the central location to find internships and job opportunities going forward.
Questions about Handshake? Email Andy Thomas at email@example.com
Unsure of who your advisor is? Follow the quick and easy instructions to find out by clicking here!
Here are the details in regards to class registration:
- Ticket times are now available for viewing on Self Service Carolina
- Undergraduate and graduate students that have priority registration will be able to register for classes as early as Monday, November 6
- All other students will be able to register beginning Monday, November 13
To locate your ticket time:
- Log into Self Service Carolina
- Click on the students tab
- Click the registration box
- From there, select registration checklist
- Then select the term you are planning to register for from the drop down menu
- Once that is complete, your ticket time will be listed at the top of the screen
Attention First-Year Students
The deadline to complete Part 2 of both AlcoholEdu and Haven is Tuesday, October 24. You will NOT be able to register for classes without completing both of these modules. For more information, click here.
Save the Date
Mark your calendars for the 2017 Information Science Day! For this event, students will present posters on their research, internships, class projects, or community service projects.
More information about proposal submission and other deadlines will be announced shortly.
- Date: Friday, November 17
- Time: 1:00 p.m.
- Location: Davis College
Advising sessions will soon be underway; therefore, the SLIS wants to inform you of this upcoming semester’s deadlines for study abroad.
For students interested in studying on a short-term, faculty-led program (i.e. Global Classroom Program), they must apply by:
- November 1 (for Spring Break programs)
If you have any program questions, do not hesitate to contact the Study Abroad office in Close-Hipp (4th floor) at 803-777-7557.
Tools and Resources for Undergraduate Students
- 2017-2018 Undergraduate Bulletin
- 2016-2017 Undergraduate Bulletin
- Class Schedules
- Computer Labs
- GPA Calculator
- Graduation Application Information
- Handbook - SLIS Undergraduate (pdf)
- Program of Study form (pdf)
- Technology Requirements
- Transfer Credit Guide (pdf)
See the navigation on the left for additional information for current students at SLIS.