News and Announcements
Internship/Job Searching - Activate your Handshake!
Starting this week, we will direct all employers to upload opportunities for students to view on Handshake. If you have not done so, now is the time to activate your account, upload your resume and build your profile. Handshake will be the central location to find internships and job opportunities going forward.
Questions about Handshake? Email Andy Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org
Joint Conference of Librarians of Color
The 2018 Joint Conference of Librarians of Color (2018 JCLC) is the third conference of its kind sponsored by the five ethnic affiliate associations: Black Caucus of ALA, American Indian Library Association, Asian/Pacific American Librarians Association, Chinese American Librarians Association, and REFORMA).
The conference takes place in Albuquerque, NM, September 26-30, 2018. This will be a wonderful opportunity for all students, especially students of color,
to attend, to learn and participate in a conference rich in Diversity topics.
JCLC, Inc. is providing scholarships for eligible students. Deadline to apply for the available scholarships is Thursday, March 15.
McNair Scholars Program
The TRIO McNair Program helps eligible undergraduates pursue graduate degrees. The program offers expanded faculty mentoring, research experience and other academic opportunities with the goal of increasing the number of Ph.D. recipients who are first-generation or low-income students, and who are from underrepresented groups in graduate education.
To locate your ticket time:
- Log into Self Service Carolina
- Click on the students tab
- Click the registration box
- From there, select registration checklist
- Then select the term you are planning to register for from the drop down menu
- Once that is complete, your ticket time will be listed at the top of the screen
Tools and Resources for Undergraduate Students
- 2017-2018 Undergraduate Bulletin
- 2016-2017 Undergraduate Bulletin
- Class Schedules
- Computer Labs
- GPA Calculator
- Graduation Application Information
- Handbook - SLIS Undergraduate (pdf)
- Program of Study form (pdf)
- Technology Requirements
- Transfer Credit Guide (pdf)
See the navigation on the left for additional information for current students at SLIS.