News and Announcements
- Thanksgiving Break - Wednesday, November 22 - Sunday, November 26
- Last Day of Classes - Friday, December 8
- Commencement - Monday, December 18
Donor Appreciation Day
University Development is celebrating Donor Appreciation Day by having students hand write thank you cards to our university donors who help meet the financial needs of the College of Information and Communications!
- Date: Wednesday, November 15th
- Time: 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Location: SJMC Lobby
Internship/Job Searching - Activate your Handshake!
Starting this week, we will direct all employers to upload opportunities for students to view on Handshake. If you have not done so, now is the time to activate your account, upload your resume and build your profile. Handshake will be the central location to find internships and job opportunities going forward.
Questions about Handshake? Email Andy Thomas at email@example.com
Here are the details in regards to class registration:
- Ticket times are now available for viewing on Self Service Carolina
- Undergraduate and graduate students that have priority registration will be able to register for classes as early as Monday, November 6
- All other students will be able to register beginning Monday, November 13
To locate your ticket time:
- Log into Self Service Carolina
- Click on the students tab
- Click the registration box
- From there, select registration checklist
- Then select the term you are planning to register for from the drop down menu
- Once that is complete, your ticket time will be listed at the top of the screen
Save the Date
Mark your calendars for the 2017 Information Science Day! For this event, students will present posters on their research, internships, class projects, or community service projects.
More information about proposal submission and other deadlines will be announced shortly.
- Date: Friday, November 17
- Time: 1:00 p.m.
- Location: Davis College
Tools and Resources for Undergraduate Students
- 2017-2018 Undergraduate Bulletin
- 2016-2017 Undergraduate Bulletin
- Class Schedules
- Computer Labs
- GPA Calculator
- Graduation Application Information
- Handbook - SLIS Undergraduate (pdf)
- Program of Study form (pdf)
- Technology Requirements
- Transfer Credit Guide (pdf)
See the navigation on the left for additional information for current students at SLIS.