Are you currently a student in the SJMC but want to switch majors within our college?
Please go to the Student Services Office at 800 Sumter Street, Room118, and we will help you make the change.
Are you currently a student at USC who is a major in another college or school, but want to become a student in the School of Journalism and Mass Communications?
- We are accepting new change of majors until 5 p.m. Thursday, January 29.
- First semester freshmen and transfers may not switch until fall 2014 grades have been posted.
- Students must have a 2.5 USC and cumulative GPA in order to switch to the SJMC.
- Bring your “Change of Major” form to Student Services at 800 Sumter Street, Room118, between 8:30 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- You must attend an orientation to be advised.
Orientation sessions are scheduled for:
Jan. 12 - 4 p.m. - 800 Sumter Street, Room 118
Feb. 2 - 4 p.m. - 800 Sumter Street, Room118
You must sign up for a session when you change your major in Room 118, 800 Sumter Street.