Announcement Release Date: November 2006
Application Receipt Date: Open
Award Announcement: Within Four Weeks of Receipt
Awards will be up to $2,000 and applicants may request a project period of up to 18 months.
Eligible applicants include all tenured, tenure-track and clinical faculty members.
1. Develop a one to two page proposal that addresses the following items:
- Justification of the need for the technology equipment including descriptions of the instruction and/or research being supported with the requested equipment, and how and by whom the equipment will be used.
- Description of the educational instruction or research benefits if this proposal is funded.
- Detailed budget listing total technology equipment cost.
2. Attach the following supportive documentation to the end of the proposal packet:
- Technology equipment specifications, descriptions and vendor cost quotes.
- A table/list of all the faculty users of the proposed technology equipment.
- Include a statement of support from the applicant’s Department Chair. If the Department is providing matching funds, this statement should include that figure.
- A statement suggesting where the technology equipment would be permanently located within the College. All equipment purchased with a Technology Grant will be permanently incorporated into the College of Education after the completion of your project, but you may suggest a specific location for the equipment such as within your Department or within the College of Education’s Faculty Equipment Check-Out System.
3. Electronically submit the completed proposal packet to the Director of Instructional Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications that are complete will be evaluated for merit by the Associate Dean for Administration and Research. An ad hoc review committee will advise the Associate Dean when the merit of the proposal is unclear or when the number of proposals necessitate a competitive awards process. Awards will be announced within four weeks of receipt of the application.