The College of Education at the University of South Carolina (UofSC) seeks an energetic leader to serve as Director of the Yvonne & Schuyler Moore Child Development Research Center (CDRC). The CDRC is composed of an interdisciplinary group of faculty members and research personnel with complementary interests in education and child development. A major emphasis of the Director’s responsibilities will be to cultivate research collaborations across the college, university, and community that promote research and focused lines of inquiry leading to increased support for children and families.
A successful candidate must have the following:
- an earned doctorate from an accredited institution in one of the disciplines of the college or a closely related field;
- a demonstrated record of scholarship that merits a tenured faculty appointment;
- evidence of an established record of mentorship and a desire to build a collaborative spirit within the college;
- knowledge and appreciation of multiple types of research (including multiple paradigms);
- experience and success in obtaining external funding;
- a commitment to serving diverse constituencies in a shared governance environment;
- successful supervisory experience;
- excellent written, interpersonal, and oral communication skills; and
- a desire to work in a team-based, dynamic environment.
Preference will be given to candidates who have:
- demonstrated experience in designing and leading new initiatives or programs within college and university settings;
- successful experience in an academic administrative position (e.g., assistant chair or chair, program director, center director or administrator);
- experience including budget management, mentoring faculty, and supervising professional staff;
- evidence of being a creative thinker; and
- a demonstrated history of interdisciplinary research.
The College of Education application process is conducted online at https://uscjobs.sc.edu; please reference Requisition Number , or visit this link: https://uscjobs.sc.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=80019.
Application materials accepted online include: (1) a letter of application, (2) a current curriculum vita, (3) list of at least three professional references to include e-mail addresses and phone numbers, (4) a copy of unofficial academic transcript for all degrees earned (official copies will be required of finalists), and (5) two sample publications or pieces of scholarly work. Review of completed applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. It is preferred, however, that all applications be submitted before April 1, 2017. Applications received after this date may be considered at the discretion of the committee and/or hiring authority.
Inquiries should be addressed to Dr. Bill Brown, Search Committee Chair, email@example.com.
The University of South Carolina has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The University is also responsive to the needs of dual career families.