The Master of Education degree program is committed to preparing professionals to work with all of South Carolina's children, particularly marginalized populations who have traditionally been underserved in programs of early care and education. Issues of social justice and equity in education are underscored throughout students' program of studies.
Applications to the M.Ed. in Early Childhood Education are considered on a rolling basis. That is, students' applications are reviewed when they are received, and students are notified soon after the Admissions Committee has made its decision.
Admission requirements for The Graduate School
- a baccalaureate degree (or the international equivalent) from an accredited college or university
- standardized test scores (consult the program to which you are applying for particular test requirements)
- official transcripts
- two or more letters of recommendation
- application fee
- English proficiency requirement*
- other supporting materials**
* An applicant whose native language is not English is required to submit a satisfactory score on the TOEFL or IELTS exam. For more information, please visit the International Applicants section on The Graduate School site.
** Many programs require personal statements, resumes, writing samples, audio files (recitals, auditions), art portfolios and/or licensure. Please consult your program for further requirements.
Program-specific admission requirements (in addition to above)
Applicants must complete the EDLP application supplement.
For more information about program-specific degree requirements and course work, please visit the academic bulletin.