Designed for classroom teachers in early childhood through postsecondary settings, the program includes course work in four areas of study: core courses, a teaching area concentration, supervised practice and approved elective study.
Admission requirements for The Graduate School
- a baccalaureate degree (or the international equivalent) from an accredited college or university
- standardized test scores (consult the program to which you are applying for particular test requirements)
- official transcripts
- two or more letters of recommendation
- application fee
- English proficiency requirement*
- other supporting materials**
* An applicant whose native language is not English is required to submit a satisfactory score on the TOEFL or IELTS exam. For more information, please visit the International Applicants section on The Graduate School site.
** Many programs require personal statements, resumes, writing samples, audio files (recitals, auditions), art portfolios and/or licensure. Please consult your program for further requirements.
Program-specific admission requirements (in addition to above)
In addition to The Graduate School's application requirements, applicants must submit an Ed.S./Teaching application supplement.
For more information about program-specific requirements and course work, please visit the academic bulletin.