Submit all application materials to The Graduate School no later than Sept. 15 preceding the spring or summer of anticipated enrollment in the M.A.T. program.
Admission requirements for The Graduate School
- a baccalaureate degree (or the international equivalent) from an accredited college or university
- standardized test scores (consult the program to which you are applying for particular test requirements)
- official transcripts
- two or more letters of recommendation
- application fee
- English proficiency requirement*
- other supporting materials**
* An applicant whose native language is not English is required to submit a satisfactory score on the TOEFL or IELTS exam. For more information, please visit the International Applicants section on The Graduate School site.
** Many programs require personal statements, resumes, writing samples, audio files (recitals, auditions), art portfolios and/or licensure. Please consult your program for further requirements.
Program-specific admission requirements (in addition to the above)
The number of students admitted to the M.A.T. teacher education program each year depends upon the availability of resources for maintaining quality instruction. Student eligibility is determined according to satisfactory performance or appropriate evidence on each of the following:
- minimum 2.50 undergraduate GPA
- acceptable scores on the Graduate Record Examination or Miller Analogies Test
- three letters of recommendation from appropriate faculty and employers
- successful interview with faculty
- evidence of significant experiences in working with children
- successful completion of the Praxis I exam unless (1) your undergraduate GPA is 3.00 or higher, (2) your raw score on the Miller Analogies Test is 392 or higher or (3) your GRE combined verbal and quantitative score is 291 (150 verbal/141 quantitative) or higher.
For more information, please visit the academic bulletin.