To be considered for admission to the M.T. program, all test scores and application materials must be received by Jan. 15 for summer or fall enrollment or Oct. 15 for spring enrollment.
Admission requirements for The Graduate School
- a baccalaureate degree (or the international equivalent) from an accredited college or university
- standardized test scores (consult the program to which you are applying for particular test requirements)
- official transcripts
- two or more letters of recommendation
- application fee
- English proficiency requirement*
- other supporting materials**
* An applicant whose native language is not English is required to submit a satisfactory score on the TOEFL or IELTS exam. For more information, please visit the International Applicants section on The Graduate School site.
** Many programs require personal statements, resumes, writing samples, audio files (recitals, auditions), art portfolios and/or licensure. Please consult your program for further requirements.
Program-specific admission requirements (in a addition to the above)
All M.T. candidates must have completed:
- EDFN 300, EDTE 400, EDPY 401, EDPY 401P and EDSE 402 as undergraduates
- additional undergraduate education requirements (up to 6 semester hours of course work) for those students pursuing certification in English.
For additional information, please visit the academic bulletin.