Faculty and Staff
Dan Gabriel Cacuci
|Title:||SmartState Endowed Chair Professor, Mechanical Engineering
Director, Center of Economic Excellence in Nuclear Science and Energy
|College of Engineering and Computing|
- Ph.D., Applied Physics, Mechanical and Nuclear Engineering, Columbia University, New York, 1978
- M.Phil., Applied Physics and Nuclear Engineering, Columbia University, New York, 1977
- M.S., Nuclear Engineering, Columbia University, New York, 1973
Professional and Academic Honors (partial listing)
- The Arthur Holly Compton award, 2011, American Nuclear Society (ANS).
- Member of the European Academy of Arts and Sciences, 2006
- Doctor Honoris Causa, Technical University of Moldavia, Chisinau, Republic of Moldova, 2003
- The Diploma of Honor of The Presidium of the National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Moldavia, Chisinau, Republic of Moldavia, 2003
- The Air Products Distinguished Lecturer, Penn State University, USA, 2003
- Doctor Honoris Causa, Technical University of Civil Engineering, Bucharest, Romania, 2002
- The Eugene P. Wigner Distinguished Reactor Physicist award, American Nuclear Society, 2001
- The Glenn Seaborg Medal awarded at the Joint American Nuclear Society/European Nuclear Societies Meeting in Washington, DC, November 2000.
- Kreitman Foundation Senior Visiting Fellow, Ben-Gurion University, Israel, 2000.
- Doctor Honoris Causa and Diploma of Honor, University Ovidius of Constantza, Romania, 2000
- The Ernest Orlando Lawrence Memorial award, Nuclear Technology Category, awarded by the United States Department of Energy on behalf of the President of The United States of America (William J. Clinton), 1998."For his pioneering work on the conception, development, and applications of local and global sensitivity analysis for nonlinear systems ranging from comprehensive and rigorous mathematical formulations to seminal applications in nuclear technology, dosimetry and atmospheric sciences."
- Honorary Member, Romanian Academy, 1996
- Doctor Honoris Causa, Politehnica University of Bucharest, Romania, 1994
- 175th Aniversary Jubilee Medal, Politehnica University of Bucharest (1818 - 1993), Bucharest, Romania, 1993.
- Alexander Von Humboldt Prize for Senior Scholars, Germany, 1990. Awarded to "eminent foreign academics in recognition of achievements in research".
- Young Members Engineering Achievement Award, American Nuclear Society, 1988.
- Fellow, American Nuclear Society, 1986.
- D.G. Cacuci (Editor), Handbook of Nuclear Engineering, Five Volumes, ca. 3600 pages, 400 illustrations; ISBN: 978-0-387-98150-5, Springer New York / Berlin, 2010.
- D.G. Cacuci, Sensitivity and Uncertainty Analysis: Theory, Vol. 1, Chapman & Hall/CRC, Boca Raton, 2003.
- D.G. Cacuci, M. Ionescu-Bujor, and M.I. Navon, Sensitivity and Uncertainty Analysis: Applications to Large Scale Systems, Vol. 2, Chapman & Hall/CRC, Boca Raton, 2005.
- D.G. Cacuci and Mihaela Ionescu-Bujor, "Sensitivity and Uncertainty Analysis, Data Assimilation and Predictive Best-Estimate Model Calibration", Chapter 17 in Vol.3, pp 1913 – 2051, Handbook of Nuclear Engineering, D. G. Cacuci, Editor, ISBN: 978-0-387-98150-5, Springer New York / Berlin, 2010.
- D.G. Cacuci, "Perturbation Theory, Sensitivity and Uncertainty Analysis", Chapter 6 in "Nuclear Computational Science: A Century in Review", Y. Y. Azmy and E. Sartori, Eds., pp. 367-448, Springer, 2010.