Solve Your Real-world Challenges
When businesses sponsor a Capstone Design project, senior students provide access
to fresh thinking that can solve challenging problems for businesses. Capstone student
teams in each discipline work with faculty leaders to develop a project plan that
clearly defines end-user and sponsor needs, design objectives, anticipates constraints,
and ensures the project details, requirements, and metrics will lead to success. The
teams continue through concept generation and selection, and design to produce a testable,
working prototype that can be refined to meet the project objectives.
Industry Sponsor Benefits and Deliverables
Student prepared work and findings
can vary from program to program. Depending on the project, industry sponsors could expect to receive:
- An opportunity to impact engineering and computer science curricula
- A detailed report capturing the design, analysis, performance and alternative approaches considered during the development and design of the project
- Source code, where applicable, such as the actual drawings, prototype programming, performance analysis and simulation software.
- The physical prototype (solution, discovery, findings or model) developed by the project team, where applicable, upon completion of the use of the prototype by team members (Some projects may be submitted to local, statewide, national or international competitions.)
- Increased visibility in the field, recruitment tools and emerging engineering and computing professionals from which to recruit
- Mobile, desktop or web applications or embedded systems built by our computer science and engineering students using the latest techniques and platforms
- Access to an annual publication that includes the top five projects from each degree program
- An invitation to the annual Engineering and Computing Capstone Showcase, where all
ECCD teams present and display their products, prototypes, findings and posters
- Provide funding for the Capstone project. The amount of funding will depend on the company size and type of project
- Appoint a practicing engineer or computer scientist to serve as a sponsor advocate for the team. The sponsor advocate will work on the project, participate in design reviews, meet regularly with student teams, guide the project, and evaluate the final product
Become an Industry Sponsor
For more information about the Capstone Design Experience or to become an industry sponsor, please contact Dr. Abdel Bayoumi, Associate Dean, at email@example.com or call 803-777-1845.