The required core courses for the M.S.I.S are:
- CSCE 522 - Information Security Principles
- CSCE 548 - Building Secure Software
- CSCE 715 - Network Systems Security
The Focus Area (9 Hours from the following):
- CSCE 517 - Computer Crime and Forensics
- CSCE 557 - Introduction to Cryptography
- CSCE 719 - Security and Privacy for Wireless Networks
- CSCE 727 - Information Warefare
- CSCE 747 - Software Testing and Quality Assurance
- CSCE 813 - Internet Security
- CSCE 824 - Secure Database Systems
- CSCE 846 - Software Reliability and Safety
Electives (12 Hours):
A maximum of six hours in non-CSCE courses and at most three hours of CSCE 798 may be applied toward the degree. CSCE 797 may not be applied toward the degree.
Students who choose the thesis option may substitute 6 hours of thesis preparation (CSCE 799) for electives. In addition, students must complete at least 12 hours in CSCE courses numbered 700 and above, and defend the thesis in a public presentation.
Students who choose the non-thesis option must complete at least 15 hours in CSCE courses numbered 700 and above, and pass a written comprehensive examination offered at the end of Fall and Spring semesters.