Our Honors Ambassador team averages 17 members during the academic year. During the school year, time commitments will vary depending on the events the Honors College is offering. Honors Ambassadors attend monthly meetings for ongoing training and professional development and have check-ins with Honors Ambassador advisors.
During the summer, a smaller group of Honors Ambassadors assists with New Student Orientation.
Honors Ambassadors in Action
- Ambassadors assist with information sessions—large presentations or personal meetings—where they meet with prospective students and share their experiences in the Honors College.
- Ambassadors represent the Honors College at recruitment events (Meet the SCHC, Open Houses, etc.) and assist with outreach efforts to prospective students and their parents, as well as alumni.
- Ambassadors coordinate and assist with programs and events, including current initiatives such as Freshman Flotilla and Bedtime Stories, as well as develop new programming.
- Ambassadors maintain the Honors College Instagram account to share news and helpful tips for current and prospective students.
- Additional responsibilities may include assisting with the workshops, Parents Weekend Picnic, supporting Faculty Fellow initiatives, attending alumni receptions, responding to inquiries from prospective students, recruiting new Honors Ambassadors, and other duties as assigned.
The Honors Ambassador Program is not currently accepting applications. When applications are available, they can be found on this page or in the weekly Honors College newsletter.
Honors Ambassadors are members in good standing of the Honors College and have completed at least one semester in the Honors College. Upperclassmen, lowerclassmen, and transfers are all encouraged to apply.